La Plaza is constantly growing and seeks hard-working team members to help in the development. If you are interested in the following positions, please contact us for immediate consideration. All jobs are currently located in Lansdowne, Virginia.
The Software Engineer will participate in the entire life cycle of product development across the full technology stack: web in the cloud, desktop, mobile. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with team and customers to understand what needs to be delivered.
- Developing solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Designing and implement effective technical solutions.
- Working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced early stage start-up environment to build a multi-tier web application involving all stages of the software development cycle.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby / Ruby on rails.
- PHP start level.
- Significant development experience in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS preferred.
- Experience in database design and SQL a plus.
- Strong abilities for problem solving.
- A great attitude that enjoys working in a close, high-energy team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Manage time well, meet deadlines, and work independently and correctly prioritizing tasks.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
Web Content Editor
We are seeking an experienced Web Editor to join La Plaza’s team. This position will establish and maintain the online ‘voice’ for La Plaza to manage product information, social media and on-site content. In addition to writing, editing and proofreading web content, this role will work closely with marketing, creative services and IT to develop compelling marketing programs. The Web Content Editor will support SEO initiatives and also work to develop metrics to measure and monitor content initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a standard for writing on the web including tone, voice, and style.
- Partner with Marketing team to develop social media content; develop planning calendar, lead the conversation & response and implement processes to keep it current.
- Manage development of marketing for online, non-profit, social media initiative.
- Create editorial pages and standards to develop trend and product information for seasonal marketing campaigns working with Marketing and Creative Services.
- Support SEO best practices and identify new opportunities to exploit working with internal and external resources.
- Manage and update automated email content.
- Manage the coordination of content across multiple online media and digital communication channels, as applicable.
- Review existing content pages for accuracy and consistency; work with the business to create and update content as operational/experience changes occur.
- Develop reporting and KPI’s to track social media, SEO and content development to measure effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree – in English, Marketing, Communication, Journalism or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in writer/editor environment.
- Consulting/training industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems and website architecture.
- HTML experience a plus.
- Experience in social media strategy and planning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively for a positive user experience, while incorporating SEO best practices.
- Experience working on and organizing content for large-scale Websites.
- Ability to lead project teams including internal and external business partners.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on style, structure, and grammar.
- Able to respond to emerging issues.
- Previous non-profit experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus.
Web Designer / Developer
This position will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining websites, applications and other web marketing initiatives, working closely with the rest of the web team on a wide variety of projects.? Employee must be able to define and document the user experience with creation of sitemaps and prototypes and turn prototypes into application code.? Interact with design, backend and core product teams on application usability, features and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience in web design and development.
- Strong portfolio showcasing both an eye for design and technical skills.
- Knowledge of the latest web 2.?0 technologies and services.
- Experience with Flash, ASP, PHP, relational databases, CMS systems, social media, project management, and both PC and Macs is a plus.
- Must demonstrate initiative, forward thinking, the ability to conceptualize new and creative ideas, set and achieve goals, and learn and become proficient in new technologies as needed.
- Work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus.